Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Desperate to smile

If it makes you smile...
emmarolo1983

Desperate to smile

Postby emmarolo1983 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie to this but I need somewhere to turn. I was on fluoxetine for 3 years to treat my anxiety and depression and it worked wonders. Stupidly 2 months ago I just stopped taking it, and now my whole world has come crashing down. I have been back on the tablets for 10 days but they haven't worked so far. I'm so petrified they won't work again and I will have to live like this. Can someone reassure me?

deb1960

Re: Desperate to smile

Postby deb1960 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi, you won't be like this forever. Your tablets will almost certainly work, but waiting for that is scary. It can take a number of weeks for them to take effect.
Deb

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:14 pm

It takes time for medication to work, Im always concerned when my medications are tweaked that there will be missteps but Meds do settle in after time and take effect.

sandym-iam

Postby sandym-iam » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:34 pm

I know how you feel, I did exactly the same thing yesterday. I walked out the door on my way to work and half way on route, I realised I forgot to take my meds. I didn't go back home to take them and I felt absolutely terrible. But you will get there in time and the meds will work for you again.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:15 pm

Have you thought about watching a DVD, film you like. It helps me. Sometimes going for a trip to the local shop helps.

mcnelis34

Postby mcnelis34 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:04 am

Newbie asking for advice. I have never turned to medication due to being stubborn. Do they help. As i am sure i need something. What i am doing isnt working. I find when i am working i am happy. As soon as 4 o'clock comes i start feeling anxious. Can anyone relate to it?

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:51 pm

mcnelis34 wrote:Newbie asking for advice. I have never turned to medication due to being stubborn. Do they help. As i am sure i need something. What i am doing isnt working. I find when i am working i am happy. As soon as 4 o'clock comes i start feeling anxious. Can anyone relate to it?

Hi mcnelis34,

I found medication to be a vital element of my recovery. Combining it with counselling worked wonders for me. I would suggest trying medication and seeing if it works - it does work for most people, as long as you stick to the plan you're given. If you stop taking them without doctor's permission, you risk relapse, so make sure you stick to that plan.

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Smiley Room”