Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Story links

If it makes you smile...
mihaela

Re: Story links

Postby mihaela » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:54 am

"Indeed it was", confided Miss Purloin to Colin, her pet coati - who waved his handsome coada enthusiastically in agreement.

Notes:

andthistoomustpass wrote:All on the up and up!

Do I detect a whiff of the neoCapitalist heresy here? :?

Most of society is consensus reality, a dream taken form with those controlling the story controlling the world.

So foarte adevarat, BUT consensus reality can never attain realityhood in any real sense. The harder its promoters try, the less real and the more quasireal it becomes.

Guess who controls the controllers controlling the story controlling the world... the Archpuppetmaster himself... the soi disant Rex Mundi, a not so distant relative of Colin. :twisted:

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:46 am

The bad ship Troika raced up alongside an expensive carriage full of aristocratic young ladies dripping with diamonds and pearls. Nonchalance was fashionable for the image conscious bevy of beauties but a brief whimper escaped from the heiress nearest the window as she saw grappling hooks in the hands of grinning pirates.

"Prepare to board!"; shouted the princess, known to her nefarious crew as Cap'n Cutlass.
"Let's grab that booty!" excitedly screamed Harvey, one of the older crew members, as he stared fixedly at his prey. Thunk! went the crossbow bolt as it smashed through his leather jerkin. Harvey's last act was to turn a look of surprised betrayal onto his captain as he fell overboard.

The princess daintily replaced the crossbow in her silken purse as she announced; "I'll have no Weinsteins on my ship! Have at them!"

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:04 pm

NB This is supposed to be the short-sentence story thread, not the Epically Sagacious one. You risk contravening the Roolz... yet again! Just sayin' like...

PS There seems to a certain amount of off-topic cross-fertilisation taking plaice between this seafaring thread and the Epic land-locked one. This makes the story a little confusing, so I must bring it briskly back into line

Suddenly a timely Deux ex machina arrived on the scene just in time - as they do. It came in the form of a seaworthy, but heavily rusted, Trabant 601 of early 70s vintage.

"Ajungeți în mașină, repede!" yelled the driver in a thick Ardelean accent, as fourteen random Weinsteins* bundled into the revving, rusting Deus ex mașină. As it sped off over the briny towards the DDR coast, the bad ship's crew could hear the drunken driver enthusiastically yodelling in his native German**.

Meanwhile, the dripping diamonds and pearls had dried off in the balmy sea breeze.

*I've no idea what these allude to, but clearly they're not welcome onboard the bad ship Troika.
** An early number by the late great Franzl Lang entitled "Der Böller-Schütz von Mittenwald", an old favourite with the Weinsteins.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:18 am

H Weinstein has been much in the media lately for his unwelcome attempts to leverage his power to forcibly grab booty. Booty may refer to the ill gotten gains of pirates or to a particular part of the female anatomy. HW's interest was in the latter.

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Many thanks for elucidating, aptMt. I'm always somewhat out of the loop where news is concerned. I make no conscious effort to follow it. It just appears randomly like manna from heaven, or guano from overflying flocks of geese. Sharing a similar hobby, that Weinstein gentleman sounds as if he should be one of Mr Trump's mates. (I believe the latter gentleman has recently become the leader of some obscure God-forsaken country).

Return to “Smiley Room”