Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Story links

If it makes you smile...
andthistoomustpass

Re: Story links

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 pm

What about poor Tex? He's been mouldering in the Moldovan landscape for months? :lol:

BTW, I thought 666 was a mistranslation, don't the earlier texts say 686 or something?

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:50 pm

andthistoomustpass wrote:What about poor Tex? He's been mouldering in the Moldovan landscape for months? :lol:

BTW, I thought 666 was a mistranslation, don't the earlier texts say 686 or something?

I hoped you'd ask. It shows empathy towards the ageing cowman, and he'd be very pleased to know that you cared, were it not for the fact that he's stuck in a temporary time warp caused by remote hypnosis (aka a spell gone awry, cast by Baba Cloânță, dark denizen of the deep, dark, tulgey forest).

As for the famed 666-v-686 controversy, I'm no biblical scholar and I shamefully admit to having a very poor grasp of apocalyptic eschatology - it's just not my cup of tea - so I'll remain sitting on the fence between this life and the next... however, it 'just so happens' that you've now made 686 posts!

'Chance' did I just hear myself opine? Nu niciodată! More likely full-blown Jungian sychronicity... Hmm, interesting.

Normal service will be rezyoomd as soon as possible (or not, as the case may be). Carii on steii-ng ciund.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:19 pm

I'd welcome a continuation if you feel like it, no one else plays on these story threads :cry:

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 am

Hmm... I suppose that means there's no-one else here of a literary bent fit enough to compete with us.
...but 'play', 'PLAY', 'PLAY' ??!! This is serious stuph, not a game!! Time is money after all!!!

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Hehehe. I apologise for not having the capitalist tendencies appropriate for polite society. Come to think of it, I don't have the politeness for polite society either, oh well I'll just have to put up with impolite and playful society instead.

BTW. Despite the much coined term, time only equals money for the immortal corporate body. For us mere humans time is exchangeable for money but no amount of money will buy you more time (excluding the evils of US style healthcare) demonstrating that time is more valuable than money. So there! :D

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:16 pm

andthistoomustpass wrote:Hehehe. I apologise for not having the capitalist tendencies appropriate for polite society. Come to think of it, I don't have the politeness for polite society either, oh well I'll just have to put up with impolite and playful society instead

This sounds so much like me that I suspect playgiarism. On second thoughts, if you lack "the politeness of polite society", you needn't have bothered apologising in the first place. I suspect you only did it out of a sense of politeness, albeit misplaced, so I politely forgive you the flagrant faux pas.

Despite the much coined term, time only equals money for the immortal corporate body.

Was the 'much coined' bit an intentional pun? To speak of a 'corporate body' or of a 'body corporate' is a wordy way of stating the obvious - an embodied body.

For us mere humans time is exchangeable for money but no amount of money will buy you more time (excluding the evils of US style healthcare) demonstrating that time is more valuable than money. So there! :D

Money is ultimately an abstraction. It only has value through a general consensus of opinion that it does. The promise made on bank notes (promissory notes) is never actually honoured. It's all so abstract that it ties my brain in knots, and that's without you having to add to the confusion by bringing in time and US healthcare evils.

Now where was I... ? The story! Yes!!

The chipped hunting knife lay rusting in the snowy tundra...

amaya

Postby amaya » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Without having to go back and read the whole thread.. I am guessing that the two words rule changed? Is this a continued story or a new one? I think I might like to play with you guys if you don't mind an extra :)

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:39 pm

You're more than welcome! As much as I adore Mihaela and admire her literary prowess her writers block is legendary.

This is a two word thread, in theory. There is also a sentences thread somewhere that extended into paragraphs and then far beyond. Feel free to ignore any pained shouts of NORME! from northern climes and write as much as the mood takes you..

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 am

Ps

This tale of princesses and pirates started on page 15 but we start a new one if we run out of steam

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:27 am

... which was strange weather for Miami.

Nothing wrong with the promise on banknotes. Check a fiver; 'I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of five pounds.' They promise to swap a £5 note for an almost identical bit of paper. All on the up and up! Most of society is consensus reality, a dream taken form with those controlling the story controlling the world.

Return to “Smiley Room”