Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

My advice, from ME TO YOU - hope it helps x

Whatever makes your day a better one...
mcb

My advice, from ME TO YOU - hope it helps x

Postby mcb » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Hey hey,

Would love to spread a little bit of love and knowledge of the things I do when the anxiety takes over, when life doesn't seem like living and when its just been a shitty day.

1. When I wake up I make a list (mentality/on paper/whatever) of 10 things that I am grateful of in my life.

2. I do breathing exercises that make me feel wayyyyy calmer! My favourite - breathe in for a count of 4, hold for 4, breathe out for 4, hold for 4. Reapeat this 15x and jeeeezzz MELLOWWWW!

3. Self care - I know this is a generic one but its so goddamn true! SELF CARE/LOVE is soooooooooo important!!! I make sure I get up at a reasonable time, have a shower, brush my teeth (all things i really didnt do enough of when i was really low). These little things make me feel much better, I now take it a little further by keeping my nails manicured, getting my hair done every 10-2 weeks or so!

3. (i) - sort of trails on from 3.. the self love part - I truly believe that when you love yourself, thats when the light at the end of the tunnell shines its brightest and doesn't seem so incredibly far away! We all know there is things everyone wants to change about themselves but its about accepting that not one person on this planet is perfect! PERFECTION IS BORINGGG!!!!!!!!!!! Imperfections are what make us unique and beautiful, uniqueness is BEAUTIFUL! If you cant love yourself, drop me a message or something, i'll love you! haha

4. My depression comes from a lot anger i have - WHAT DO I SUGGEST? Send a big pile of love and well wishes mentally to the person/thing you hate. Wish them a good day, hope for them to be success. REVENGE/HATE/ANGER is toxic in a persons life, this was the hardest thing for me to do personally because i held and still hold onto so much hate. What do i gain from hating?Nothing but putting myself back in my dark pit. My felings dont affect them, theyre getting on with their day to day life probably not even thinking about me.. so send them love, let go of the hate.

5. I knowits cliche - GYM!!! Exercise has done my brain wonders, i feel healthier, i feel more awake! The energy i have is incredible considering 2 months ago i couldn't even get out of bed! VEGETABLES HELP TOO!

6. Make a conscious effort to cook, clean, make your bed - SET UP A ROUTINE! Done me wonders!

I hope this helped you in some way, please reply! Let me know if you think im chatting absolute bollocks or if you try any of this, how did it make you feel?
Im sending positive happy vibes to everyone reading this and i hope your day is a little brighter and you can find some sort of happiness in your life.

You are loved x

jeepster8

Re: My advice, from ME TO YOU - hope it helps x

Postby jeepster8 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:22 pm

I have just joined and really dont know where to start with messages, but just found yours and think its great! Thanks for sharing and I hope you stay on the 'UP'!

falnor35

Re: My advice, from ME TO YOU - hope it helps x

Postby falnor35 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:55 am

What an awesome inspiring post. Thanks MCB

Return to “Sunshine Room”