betterinrecovery

Re: Uplifting songs

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:53 pm

:lol:
Maisi...what are you on about?

maisi

Postby maisi » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 pm

:lol: Errr...a fair question I think B. I was clarifying a post on the page before (that the joints looked like weird fags, not the people passing them). It was just an end of the night nostalgic waffle about a boy I used to know, and the music his mum introduced me to.

christabel

Postby christabel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:27 am

:lol:

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Don't know about uplifting music, I have found some classical music that is calming me down ...as really got anxious.
I found 'the 99 most essential pieces of classical music' on Amazon.
I wonder if this could be the way forward for me...I am not into classical music; I know a bit of Vivaldi and the Nut Cracker suite not much more,
Maybe this classical lark might help.
What do you think?
B

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi B

Like you, I know next to nothing about classical music. I think that helps me find it so mindful and relaxing, there are no associated thoughts. The main reason I find it helps is that it is so complex and powerful that focusing on it fills my mind, leaves little room for my mind to wander too far.

If there is an orchestra near you, try it live. A good piece can really blow me away. Can be expensive but many orchestras offer very good discounts and concessionary rates.

Using classical for meditation has given me a much improved appreciation for music in general. These days I hear it, rather than just listening, if that makes sense. That helps take me out of myself too.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEpLlnIFMaE

was forced to watch a really bad movie by my missus. but it had this really good song at the end. very empowering lyrics

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:54 pm

Dear Sirhugo,
The music in a film can be one of the best things about a film. :)

B

maisi

Postby maisi » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:26 pm

That's a great idea for a new thread- films with soundtracks better than the film. Course, Blues Brothers is not up for discussion in this context, that's an impossible dilemma.

Please keep yourselves ok, ok?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rb13ksYO0s

I'm so worried about Upwards-is-the-aim

This is so bittersweet I worry about posting it, and it only kicks in after about 2 mins, but will make you feel better about feeling bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOAaJoZyg1I

Sorry Hugo, I didn't check out your link yet

Maisi x

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:24 am

Hi

Yeah, it is strange not to see posts from UITA, I hope he(?) is ok. I suspect he is, seems too level headed and practical not to get through this. It may be UITA is just taking a break from the forum or maybe he has got what he needed from it. I also thought I saw a touch of compassion fatigue in some of his more recent posts. It can be a thankless task trying to respond to everyone when so many don't reply.

I hope UITA returns but I wouldn't worry too much. Many people are regulars for a spell and then go silent. I can only think of one person in my time on this site who has said they were closing their thread before ceasing to post.

Return to “Sunshine Room”