Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Thinking Rich: The Growth Mindset

Whatever makes your day a better one...
youngkody

Thinking Rich: The Growth Mindset

Postby youngkody » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:38 pm

The idea of thinking rich depends on your confidence in your ability. It’s believing in yourself and understanding the fact you’re competent enough to accomplish what could seem near impossible. Human consciousness is capable of so much but more often then not we stand in the way of our own accomplishments.

Why Think Rich?

Thinking rich is important in building one’s own self-esteem. It’s so easy for us to take the path of least resistance and live day-to-day with no goals, no passion. Thinking rich may not always be the easiest thing to do but it’s one of the biggest factors to becoming one’s best self.

Barriers to Thinking Rich

Nowadays it can be so hard to think rich. We’re so overwhelmed and consumed by everyday products and technology that a lot of us neglect simple routines that could ultimately propel our happiness exponentially.

Day by day neglect eats away at our self-esteem. We learn to live with the pain; we bury it so deep in our psych we almost forget it’s there. Thinking rich is acknowledging the truth about life and being able to rise out of the madness. We are the master’s of our own destinies; we create our future, we can’t be happy just gliding; through drifting through life.

https://goo.gl/LCLvai <- Click here to continue reading this article

Existing Peacefully - Ideas and Philosophies to Guide Quality Living
Kody Young
CEO @ www.ExistingPeacefully.com
Ideas and Philosophies to Guide Quality Living

gabry

Re: Thinking Rich: The Growth Mindset

Postby gabry » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi youngkody,
I had a read of the article linked, it's an interesting philosophy and very similar to two I tried for a few years in movements that promoted "speak it - get it" and "ask the universe and the universe will provide". I ended up in a right state mentally, all because I kept being told I "didn't have enough faith" and "belief and trust in the spirit". It completely ruined my self-confidence, self-esteem and acceptance that there were many things I wasn't able to do. By nature I didn't have the drive and focus you mention, but that's just me.
Everyone has a right to their belief systems but I think your advice should be taken with a pinch of salt, especially where mental illness is concerned. My own perceptions are distorted when I'm ill, my moods change for the worse and though I have long stable periods, when I have depression and anxiety even a small setback or failure can be devastating - even if it's inconsequential. These days I find it easier to keep my goals basic - being as well as I can, getting a certain amount of housework done, earning a modest wage from cleaning and not being too proud to ask for help, medical or otherwise.
I don't have any ambitions, goals or hopes other than to lead a quiet, boring life without the trappings of material possessions or expectation of professional success.
I quite like rising up and flying like an eagle, just gliding through life and drifting with circumstance. Going with the flow, as it were.
From what I've read, all the famous philosophers, religious figures and saints were very humble figures but great thinkers and lived with wisdom, not wealth and success.
Take care,
Sheila

youngkody

Postby youngkody » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks Sheila for the feedback!

Yes this is to be taken with a grain of salt for sure... not everyone will adopt every idea or philosophy and thats not what's intended. It's moreless just ideas for guidance.

We all need to build our own beliefs.

Life's a personal journey, no one person will have all the answers.

You are correct though, I believe Life is about finding calmness in ourselves but not everyone can find that calmness. Sometimes we need to work on our self-esteem before we can see ourselves in that light. (that's kinda the idea behind rich thinking)
Kody Young
CEO @ www.ExistingPeacefully.com
Ideas and Philosophies to Guide Quality Living

whiterabbit222

Postby whiterabbit222 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:34 pm

I truly believe the subconscious listens to what we want, I agree with the principles in the book

Return to “Sunshine Room”