Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Finding Inner Peace

Whatever makes your day a better one...
youngkody

Finding Inner Peace

Postby youngkody » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:41 pm

I’ve been reading Osho’s book "The Inner Journey" and I’m in love. It’s so well written and brings about such great peace.

The main concept of "The Inner Journey" is the fact that over the course of generations we’ve chosen to neglect the soul. In the book they call it "the navel", our life-energy.

When born our life-energy comes from our mother through our umbilical cord, after cut we experience our first instance of separation from our mother’s. This first instance of separation will notify whether the baby is healthy or ill. After cutting the cord a healthy baby should cry knowing their life-energy source has gone away. Their life-source up until yesterday is no longer. If a baby doesn’t cry after the cord being cut it is most likely the baby is sick or close to death.

Our greatest source of life-energy comes from our navel, our soul, a function of the body that has been neglected.

Over the course of centuries man has developed his functions subconsciously. We breathe without thinking, eat without thinking, sleep, everything needed to survive we do without thinking.

Sadly over the course of this time man has become corrupted due to the nature of evolution. Man has lost touch with being, lost touch with the navel center, rather we have focused all the attention on the brain.

https://goo.gl/DEo8KK <- Click here to continue reading this article

Existing Peacefully - Ideas and Philosophies to Guide Quality Living
Kody Young
CEO @ www.ExistingPeacefully.com
Ideas and Philosophies to Guide Quality Living

Isap

Re: Finding Inner Peace

Postby Isap » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:01 am

Thanks for posting

It may resonate with some a few people.

Most of us here just want to feel better. This Buddhist stuff probably wont do it for most of us even if we agree with the idears

beach

Postby beach » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Thats really interesting. There is a lot of science about the gut being our 'second brain' as well at the moment. Thankyou for that link also, beach

youngkody

Postby youngkody » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Thanks taking the time to comment!

@Beach, I like the term "second brain", makes a lot of sense.
Kody Young
CEO @ www.ExistingPeacefully.com
Ideas and Philosophies to Guide Quality Living

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:07 am

Love the title if the he book,

I found my inner peace by submitting my self to God and building my faith in him and reading the Bible, focussed on building our Spirit.

whiterabbit222

Postby whiterabbit222 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Thanks for posting, I find the Buddhist stuff really interesting

harukianon

Postby harukianon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:56 pm

That book sounds great, another great one is the power of now by eckhartt tolle, not necessarily religious but definately focused on the spiritual power of living in the present. It's hard to explain but definately worth a read!. it's only 6 quid on amazon too.

Return to “Sunshine Room”