Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

HOPE THREAD

Whatever makes your day a better one...
christabel

Re: HOPE THREAD

Postby christabel » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:18 am

1. Made chicken casserole plus enough for freezing.

2. Having Hubby to chop the veg for the above because I have arthritic fingers.

3. Oh no. Eating the blooming casserole. What an exciting day but I'm grateful. :)

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:48 am

1. Met someone I know, went for a coffee and shared our woes (btw - the coffee was foul, urghh!).
2. Found a dropped 5p coin - but when I got home I noticed it was a Polish 1złoty piece :|
3. Rooted for fallen-off cauliflower leaves for my pig - a very fruitful haul! :lol:

Such is my exciting life 8-)

cathybear

Postby cathybear » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:14 pm

1. Spent the morning with horses which always makes me feel better
2. Made a calendar and written a to-do list for uni work and exams which has made me feel slightlyyy less anxious and bit more in control
3. Just finished a cup of tea and now off to see my therapist

Positive thoughts to everyone xx

Ps. Mihaela thats amazing you have a pig! Pigs are my favourite animals :)

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:26 pm

1 belated one for yesterday. Coped with my hospital appointment well considering I wasn't feeling too good on the morning.

2. Feel blessed that our granddaughter felt we trustworthy to look after her baby while she had appointment.

3. Seeing the love in that little 3month olds eyes for me and her granddad is priceless.

Take care. Chris

christabel

Postby christabel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:15 pm

How is everyone. Anything good happened to you lately?

Had to have a little nap after being up all night Then busy helping hubby, a shower and sitting cosy with hubby listening to c.d.s.

Hope your day has been good. X Chris

beach

Postby beach » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Good to hear your day has been a good one, what music do you like by the way? Sounds like you and hubby are candidates for Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs, radio two, Sunday? :)

beach x

christabel

Postby christabel » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:56 am

Hi beach how are you? Thanks for the response.

We have listened to Steve Wright before but must admit we prefered sixties on Saturday mornings. I was one of the children of the swinging sixties.

I like a most types of music, the only thing I'm not too keen on is jazz. Don't like all that screechy yah yah yah that can go with it.

Status quo was one off my favourites as is Rod Stewart. I've even grown to like a bit of Elvis through hubby playing it. Liked early Beatles too. I do like to keep up with what is current but have not heard as much since we managed to get the remote control off the granddaughter again.

Do you listen much to music? How has your weekend been?

Take care. Chris.

beach

Postby beach » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:07 pm

:) hi Chris, hope your anxiety is taking a back seat this evening. When you aren't in a bout of anxiety it is hard to remember just how awful it is. I find it flares up like skin irritations. Always feels like it will never leave at the time. Then, like a gust of wind, it disappears just as it came.

I used to listen to lots of music, and all different types. I am of the 70s, but loved the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Elvis......I like country music also, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson et al.... And some jazz, must confess - Ella Fitzgerald etc.

I haven't really listened to music in the way I used to for many years. I find it very hard to listen to a lot of what I used to love - it triggers a sadness in me. I am going to find new music that I love, and classical offers a good pathway there.

Things are slowly improving, it is an uphill journey. Never ever give up! Sometimes it feels as if I can't do it, then other times determination kicks in.

Im really glad to have found you all on this site, it is very supportive and cathartic. I wouldn't wish these sorts of problems on anyone, yet it is still reassuring to know that we do not suffer alone with these things.

Do you have any pets? I am thinking of getting a dog, not quite yet, it wouldn't be the right time, but in the next year or two.....

Does this site draw in people from the UK only, or from all over the world?

beach x

christabel

Postby christabel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi beach how are you doing? I do remember having members from abroad at one time. I have found the forum a big help. To be able to discuss or ask for support from likeminded people has been a lifeline. It is such a shame how there are only one or two regulars that are still posting since I first joined.
There have been some lovely people over the years who just suddenly post no more. I often wonder how they are. It like losing a friend.

I've not had a very good couple of days I'm afraid. It has spanned weeks off and on and doesn't seem to want to go. You are right in that it will disappear so I will hold on to that thought. Just nothing seems to be enjoyable when this feeling is on and I can be really snappy and short tempered. At least hubby knows now and gives me space.

I find classical music great when I can't sleep. The fact there's no words and it soothing. I use earphones so I don't disturb hubby. I'm fond of country music also. Patsy Clein, Johnny Cash and a bit of Dolly.

We have been lucky enough to be able to see Dreamcoats and petticoats and the follow ups, Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly stories and Elvis impersonator at the theatre. Being able to book seats that I'm comfortable with helps.

We haven't a pet but frequently look after our daughters two dogs. Mother and her pup son. He's two now and not quite as daft as a brush as he was. They never fail to make me laugh. My husband takes them out as they are too strong for me. He likes the good walk so it give him the reason. We used to have a little yorkie and a cat years ago and they are definitely good company as long as you are well enough to look after them.

I hope you are doing ok. Have you anything you like doing to pass the time? Hobbies?

Take care. Chris.

beach

Postby beach » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Sorry that things are still not quite right for you. Do you think it is to do with the change of season? I know it is supposed to refer to winter months really, but I have a definite pattern of depression in the second (and hottest) months of summer. I mean, ive been wearing a merino jumper the past three weeks, convincing myself that August really is the first sign of Autumn! :)

Sleep goes into certain patterns too, so this week I have started getting up at five again. Mind you, I'm in bed now, 12 hours later, so can't complain! Just exhausted all the time at present.

Sounds like your family are very supportive. I have lots of hobbies and move from one to another without often finishing. Sometimes there is a feeling of despondency, but then I pick up again and it becomes determination.

A bit down this weekend, been fighting it. Haven't spoken to anyone for four weeks, except for two hours a couple of weeks ago. Don't know how I do it sometimes, its been going on for years.

Oh well, Lady in the Van looks like quite a good film, thought might see if can watch it tonight on Amazon. Either that or the Archers omnibus :)

Hope your moods shift to a good place, anxiety lessens, and the joys and wonder of Autumn reach you soon, all the best, beach :)

Return to “Sunshine Room”