Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

HOPE THREAD

Whatever makes your day a better one...
salead

HOPE THREAD

Postby salead » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Could we have a thread where only good/better news is placed ie feeling better today because......
I know and appreciate this is mainly a forum where people including myself need help and advice and a place to vent frustration or anger etc but could we have a place where there is just a little hope so that at our lowest times we can turn to some inspirational words.
Scott

bav

Re: HOPE THREAD

Postby bav » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:39 pm

I feel better today (a bit) because tonight I have my 1st counselling session and I am hoping to get on the road to recovery..... It will only be once a week I gather and i would prefer every evening as I am impatient but .....still..... I am hopeful about something for the first time in ages.

Please someone tell me that I am not completely wasting my money

Ian

Nickjw

Postby Nickjw » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Scott
I think this is a great idea :D it's good to go somewhere you know you will get positive outlooks at all time. Lets hope this is the start of something good. I'll post my good days with my son. Let's hope others do the same, it will give us all hope of good times when there are dark days.

Nick

Nickjw

Postby Nickjw » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi Ian,
A counsellor has worked wonders for my son, he's been seeing one now since January. Be patient, be honest, be open! Hope it works out for you, keep us posted.
Nick

Anne256

Postby Anne256 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:18 pm

i think its a great idea scott, its great to have a rnat and let off steam when you fee so low, but also when your depressed and complete even the smallest of tasks it can be such an acomplishment and make us feel like we have won the day over this awful illness, we need to big ourselves up!

ian i found counselling helps, easly on i also feel like i wana see one every day, but it is best to take it once a week so you have time to work on what you have discussed in sessions. and as long as you feel its a help its not a waste of money, i was seeing a counsellor and i wasnt sure if she was ripping me off or not, or maybe her methods and ideas werent suited to me i dunno. but that is a 1 off ive seen a few other counsellors in my time and they all been great

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:27 am

great idea sometimes it's just little things that help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."

tingaling

Postby tingaling » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:38 am

:P I think its a great idea to say something positive each day(not always easy).

I feel pleased that i have been able to help a friend prepare for an important interview today, so fingers crossed.
Also I have a lovely vase of daffs on my desk which always give me hope for sunny warm days.

Take care everyone.

Txxx

tricky dicky

Postby tricky dicky » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:38 am

hi scott that is a great idea but we also need to encourage people to post that they are having a better day and maybe encourage people to talk about other things even when they are feeling crap is it might help distract them that is why i like posting or responding on here it helps me block the crap at times for a while this is not always possible though but i give it a go i must say i have felt better yesterday and today than i have in the last three weeks even managed to go to my mental health group yesterday which is a bonus yes it was a struggle and yes i nearly did'n go but i made it that is something so we shall just take it day by day thanks for posting such a positive request and idea please take care bye for now
life is like the crystal maze everything is a bloody challenge with something annoying in your head all the time then you end up locked up in some kind of sphere trying to catch what bits of normality you can

tricky dicky

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:12 pm

well have just got back from the gym - while i was on the bike i pictured myself riding up out of the bad place i was in and it worked. am feeling better and had coffee with a friend. there was a little girl on the bus home who was singing "the wheels on the bus" at the top of her voice and i thought maybe i should try to be more like that, not caring what others think but doing something that makes me feel good. so for those of you in Bristol, i'm the one sitting on the bus singing nursery rhymes very loudly but with no kids beside me... one way of getting a seat i suppose :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."

angelina

Postby angelina » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi everyone

It's a great idea defo!

I'm still feeling great from last Thursday with not one thought of impending doom..which is always a bonus! And I'm not thinking.."oh just be careful now..it might creep back" because I'm feeling now for the moment and the moment is great. I've gotten through alot over the years and I'm (excuse my French) F**KING PROUD OF MYSELF AND PROUD TO BE ME!! :lol:

I want to thank everyone on here for listening and replying to me in such a positive way. Your all beautiful beings and deserve to be happy as i'm sure you all will be because we all have it in us to be. I found a lump on Sunday and it's happened before so I'm pretty sure I know what it is so am not worried.. it seemed like some kind of wierd test to ask myself if i'm still feeling strong and the answer is YES!! p.s..just been to docs to have it checked out though and he thinks i'll be ok too..just incase you worried! ;)

I'm off up-North to the dreaded home town of bad memories on friday with my son and my boyfriend (he came back to me at the weekend and loves and respects me more than ever and is sooooo proud of me!) and although at first I was feeling a bit..ohhh I don't know?! I now think I'm actually looking forward to it. My son will get to see his nan and cousins, aunts n uncles and I can show my fella all of the beauitiful beaches I couldn't appreciate whilst i was living there but will do this time.

Ohhh I do go on but it's nice to be able to share my feelings of good times as well as bad with you guys because as I said before I think your all great and know you know how much this all means to me.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with more tales of happiness but I know i've got you all to call on should I ever feel down. (not likely though..i'm winning this one! hehe)

Love and positivity to you all

Be strong

Angelina xx

Return to “Sunshine Room”